The Hanson Food Pantry is looking for a few more volunteers. We need 2 for Fridays to help pick up food from Shaw's in Hanson and Target in Hanover. We also need 1 volunteer on Tuesdays. If you are interested please contact the Pantry at 781-293-1400.
If interested in volunteering, please contact Sharon Kennedy at 781-447-4344.
Want to volunteer at the Pantry, here are some volunteer jobs that are available:
1. Working when the Pantry is open as grocery baggers or coordinators, who talk to the clients, Current hours 10-noon Tuesday and 6-8 p.m. on Fridays. Usual assignment once a month.
2. Stocking the Pantry on Mondays at 9 a.m. or Fridays at 10 a.m.
3. Pick up Donation Sites on Mondays 8-9 a.m. weekly.
4. Food Drives and other large donations. (Organize pick up or delivery of items and schedule volunteers to process the items and put them away.)
5. Assist with large shipments of food on the second Wednesday and fourth Thursday of every month at approximately 11 a.m.
6. Liaison with community whenever needed.
7. Technology monthly reports, scheduling, form creation and copying.
8. Inventory control and associated data records.
9. Corresponding Secretary Thank you notes and other communications.
10. Cleaning Jobs in the pantry as needed.
11. Work at the new sited, as determined by site manager, Paul Nicol. If interested please contact Sharon Kennedy at 781-447-4344.